GVEP is an innovative and forward-thinking organisation committed to delivering improved energy choices for people in developing countries, whose energy needs are unserved. Our vacancies and internship opportunities are advertised below. GVEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Vacancies in our Country Offices
Job title: SME Advisor
Reports to: Director, Advisory Services
Based in: Nairobi, Kenya (with periodic travel in East Africa)
This role is within Advisory Services, a Nairobi-based team of professionals from a range of private
sector backgrounds including investment banking and private equity, management consulting, law,
entrepreneurship, infrastructure project development, micro-finance and engineering.
Responsibilities for the role include:
• Conducting advisory engagements (which span strategy consulting, investment readiness,
partnership facilitation, project development support, and “customized projects”) with renewable
energy SMEs, social enterprises and project developers.
• Supporting clients to access financing, and using GVEP institutional knowledge and
relationships with financiers, investment requirements, and transaction structures to advise
clients and help them be successful in closing transactions.
• Developing pipeline projects that fit GVEP’s priorities/capabilities with current or new clients.
• Helping to develop GVEP’s internal processes and knowledge of technologies, business
models, regulatory issues, financing process, etc.
• Delivering high quality work product and providing high quality inputs to colleagues, with
attention to detail and a focus on results.
To apply, please send your CV to peter.george[at]gvepinternational.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please click here.